Forked Tongue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for reptile keepers in North Florida.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will they come out of the cold?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

Will they come out of the cold? Empty
PostSubject: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Pulled this off my Twitter, written by Dave Barker on large constrictors in the cold.

http://www.vpi.com/sites/vpi.com/files/ComeOutOfCold_BCHS.pdf
Back to top Go down
Whopper
I walk through the drive-thru!
Whopper

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 pm

was this a rtandom report out there or is it in some sort of context. Is it out there to say large constrictors cant stand the cold therfore they cant populate 3/4 of the U.S. or is it saying this cold spell is going to kill many burms in south florida, question is why is it out there.
Back to top Go down
http://getasnake.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:00 am

Maybe a little of all. But it would be nice to know for sure. king
Back to top Go down
https://forkedtongueforum.forumotion.net
Whopper
Whopper

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Strange this snake they found in kissimmie, was just after the cold left. How would it surive the temps, the fact that it appears to not be agressive and that it is alive,sugests to me it recently espcaped/was released.

This leads me into this rant,

Ok I can see a Colubrid, you know a corn or a king, or maybe even a small ball, or boa getting out of it cage and sneaking out a crack under a door, or out a window, but a 12-20 foot large constrictor? They just dont crawl out a crack under the door, even if one got out of it cage, how the hell does it get out of the house/shed/room its in. In this day in age most people dont leave the front door open, most houses are secure. I just dont get it, how do you lose something that big?

One more thing these snakes they find are not chipped. If they are not chipped they are being kept Illeagally, whoi thinks passing another law making it illeagal is going to make them give up their animal. Not going to happenthey already dont care about the law what makes senetor nelsons stupid butt from thinking they will care about his. Very tired of the constant pressure from these limp Richard poloticians that are in office, so an anaconda ate some geese. GOOD! It was helping us rid our selves of another invasive species these stupid canadian geese. Maybe senator Nelson should give it a medal or something it was just furthuring his cause, why doesnt he do something about these F in fire ants, who would object to that?
Back to top Go down
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:48 pm

A fairly good example of people being asshats over animals is a petition to save the Muscovy ducks. Those ducks are an invasive but people are trying to save them. Why? Because ducks are cute. People don't like snakes, they think they're frightening, mean, slimy or just plain unnatural. We're fighting an uphill battle against popular opinion i.e. "The only good snake is a dead snake.". The common view of the average reptile keeper is some tattooed, pierced headbanger stoner. I get a lot of strange looks when I tell people I'm a reptile keeper, mostly because I'm a petite, well spoken (except in the company of my friends, when I'm apt to throw around some sailor-talk Wink ) woman. The image of the keeper needs to be prettied up. Unfortunately we just don't have that kind of time.
Back to top Go down
Whopper
Whopper

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm

you know who you just described right? I'm sure she didn't mean that in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Crap stirrer. I'm just speaking in generalities here TYVM. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Whopper
Whopper

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Im just saying, if he has jeans on and is public you would never know. not even a clue, people are amazed I have reptiles. My wife tells people at work we have snakes, I met her boss at the christmas party. he's like so you have snakes, how many do you have. I reply"about 40" his eyes about pop out of his head "40? you have 40 snakes?" It was great. I made quite the impression. Now I just need to convince him to give me a job
Back to top Go down
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:29 pm

If someone's handing out good jobs I'll stand in line. My job is just full of fail.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 am

Yes that sounds a little like me. I'm not too bad thou. And so you're trying to get a "JOB" from a boss? Jeff rubbing off on you? king
Back to top Go down
https://forkedtongueforum.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will they come out of the cold?   Will they come out of the cold? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will they come out of the cold?
Page 1 of 1