Forked Tongue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for reptile keepers in North Florida.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta love PETA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Whopper
I walk through the drive-thru!
Whopper

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:33 pm

From the PETA files. I think the last paragraph will create the most rage.

In what is an outstanding victory for animals and a crippling blow to the exotic pet trade, Tarrant County Court Judge Jennifer Rymell yesterday affirmed Municipal Judge Michael Smith's outstanding January 5 ruling: U.S. Global Exotics will not regain custody of the more than 26,000 animals confiscated by Arlington officials in a massive civil seizure last month.

After reviewing hours of testimony, video, and photos taken on the day of the seizure and gathered during PETA's seven-month undercover investigation of USGE, Judge Rymell affirmed Judge Smith's ruling that Jasen and Vanessa Shaw, the owners and operators of USGE, had cruelly treated all the animals seized from their business on December 15. Thousands of reptiles, amphibians, small mammals, arachnids, and many other animals—including sloths, wallabies, and ring-tailed lemurs—were cruelly confined to hideously cramped, filthy litter pans, dungeon-like cattle-feeding troughs, boxes, bags, and even soda bottles. They were denied desperately needed food, water, veterinary care, and other basic care. PETA's undercover investigator documented that animals were starved and dehydrated, had resorted to eating each other out of stress and hunger, had wounds that were so deep that muscle and bone were exposed and legs were chewed off, were thrown away like trash, were intentionally frozen to death in the facility's freezers.

The animals seized have been held and cared for at a facility set up by experts brought in by PETA to ensure their welfare and safety and were cared for daily by staff of the SPCA of Texas, the wonderful Detroit Zoo, the Humane Society of North Texas, and other groups. Food and supplies for these thousands of animals have been subsidized by PETA—and costs run several thousand dollars a week. The great news is that we have been able to secure permanent homes for many of the animals with the Detroit Zoo—where they will have top-notch care—and prescreened groups are lined up to take in many others!

Since the December 15 raid, USGE has effectively been dead—it has not bought or sold a single animal! This means that PETA's investigation and efforts have saved far more than 26,000 animals—the organization has spared tens of thousands of animals the misery of being captured and taken from their native homes; shipped in cramped crates, pillowcases, and containers; and kept in deplorable, hellish conditions at USGE's nasty warehouse. The animals rescued from USGE will never have to suffer at the hands of the cruel pet trade ever again.

This is a huge victory that has saved countless lives, but until the PETCOs and PetSmarts of the world stop selling animals—all of whom come from hellholes like USGE, where profit is the only thing that counts and where the lives and welfare of these animals mean nothing—the misery will continue. Many of the animals pulled out of USGE in the nick of time were headed to PetSmart and PETCO distributors nationwide. Please don't shop at PETCO or PetSmart, and tell your friends not to shop there either and never to support any pet store that sells live animals.
Back to top Go down
http://getasnake.com
Whopper
Whopper

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 pm

These people are jackasses, I wish someone would through them in a freezer.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm

The sad part is people trust peta and take everything they say is true. What animals were kept how? To keep a snake in a tub is not a big deal, as long as it is done right. And why is peta allowed to go "under cover". Don't you need warrents and be law enforcement or sent in by law enforcement. Someone needs to go "under cover" in peta and show how they treat animals and how many they put down. I really hate peta, hsus, and any other ar group like them. May they all burn in hell while the animals they put down eat at their flesh. Is that a bit harsh, I think not. king
Back to top Go down
https://forkedtongueforum.forumotion.net
Whopper
Whopper

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:33 pm

I feel the same way, I knew this would get blood preasure up. Sad part is I found this through kingsnake. I opened a story about the relocation of these animals, clicked a link or to and there it was. To be honest, I dont care how other people Keep thier animals, as long as the ones I get are healthy, and the ones I sell are healthy thats all I care about. I figure its in every dealer and sellers best intrest to keep as many as they can alive. It doesnt make good buisness sense to purposely starve and kill animals off. Maybe they got in over thier heads, but Im sure they weren't neglecting them pourposely. We will never know because the only ones in their are those leftist wako Hemipenal bulge PETA who can trust them. We have to take thier twisted words and exagerations as fact. who the hell are they, some (BLEEP) loser fags who have small Hemipenal bulge and are taking their anger out on anyone they can. What happed pal did daddy not buy you that puppy when you were 5? You couldnt have one so know one can. The more that die the less money they make. Yes some will die along the way, but if they were left in the wild most of them would die.

sorry just got a little pissed there
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Peta only ever show the bad. They never show the 99% of people doing the right thing. king
Back to top Go down
Whopper
Whopper

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Ya but you know how it is, uneducated jerk offs take what they say as the gospel. Then all of us who do it right have to defend ourselves. Peta does not want anyone to own any animal. its that simple. I dont know why they have credibility. If I were US Global Exotics I would sue the crap out of Peta. How many facilities did they get into before they found this one? piss on Peta and HSUS I hope this down economy hurts them as much as it is everyone else.
Back to top Go down
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 am

A shop that sells live animals.....what, as opposed to one that sells dead animals? Those people are a few tacos short of a combo plate.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 am

Those groups don't think people should be allowed to own any animal at all, or should do any testing on them. I'm fine with not testing make-up or other useless things, but don't want any testing even if cures cancer, aids, or anything else. The fun part is a lot of those morons that give money to those groups have pets. They are just to stupid to research what they are giving money to. king
Back to top Go down
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gotta love PETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love PETA   Gotta love PETA Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love PETA
Page 1 of 1