Forked Tongue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for reptile keepers in North Florida.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GA Bill Dead!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Whopper
I walk through the drive-thru!
Whopper

GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: GA Bill Dead!!!!!   GA Bill Dead!!!!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Reptile Nation Prevails on GA S303

Today the final hearing was held in the Georgia Senate Committee on Natural Resources & the Environment on S303. The bill as written would have made owning any of the Big 5 constrictors prohibitive while failing to address the stated intent of the bill. Jobs would have been lost and Georgia families and businesses would have been hurt. USARK provided a well thought out alternative in the form of our Model State Legislation which addressed issues of secure containment along with public and environmental safety measures. Committee staff drew up a Committee Substitute based on the USARK proposal.

During the hearing the bill's sponsor rejected this proposed Committee Substitute. Vice Chairman Bulloch questioned the decision to reject this proposed alternative. Other Senators commented in favor of the USARK proposal. Several Senators also commented on the number of emails generated to their offices by the USARK grass roots campaign. One Senator said, "I didn't know how many people were interested in snakes. I had hundreds of emails saying 'No on S303' in my mailbox". Subsequently Senator Bulloch motioned for a 'No Pass' rating for S303. The Committee then voted and S303 received a majority 'No Pass' designation. S303 is now officially dead in Committee. USARK appreciates the fair treatment and sincere efforts of the Committee Staff, Chairman Tolleson, Vice Chairman Bulloch and Committee Members who worked to improve S303.

Thank you to BW Smith of Animal South in Atlanta who attended the hearing on behalf of USARK. Also a special thanks to all those members of the Reptile Nation who participated in the grass roots campaign on S303!
Back to top Go down
http://getasnake.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GA Bill Dead!!!!!   GA Bill Dead!!!!! EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Now if the bigger big wigs follow the lead and vote the rest of the bills down. king
Back to top Go down
https://forkedtongueforum.forumotion.net
snakehooked
Dorkus majorkus
snakehooked

GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GA Bill Dead!!!!!   GA Bill Dead!!!!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 am

I never thought I'd see the say where I'd say Georgia is awesome. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GA Bill Dead!!!!!   GA Bill Dead!!!!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah their animal laws are messed up all ready don't need to make it worse king
Back to top Go down
https://forkedtongueforum.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GA Bill Dead!!!!!   GA Bill Dead!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

GA Bill Dead!!!!!
Page 1 of 1